HEALTH SERVICE SKILLS – Healthcare Assistant Training
Learners seeking Healthcare Assistant Training who participate in the Health Service Skills programme will be instructed in the theories relating to the provision of care in Residential Settings, Hospitals and Community settings. They will become familiar with the legislation and quality standards pertaining to healthcare provision in Ireland. They will learn how to communicate and work effectively with their clients/patients, client/patient families and within multi-disciplinary teams.
The purpose of the programme is to facilitate learners to develop an understanding and acquire the skills necessary to work effectively as a Healthcare Assistant and safely under supervision as care assistants in a paid or voluntary capacity in a variety of community and health service settings. Modules are running every month in Dublin, contact us for further information about dates.
- Infection Prevention and Control (March 2018 Dates TBC)
- Care Support 19th and 20th January 2018
- Care Skills (every month – next course commencing on 14th October)
- Care of the Older Person (every month)
- Work Experience and Communications 14th, 15th and 21st October
- Palliative Care Support (April 2018 Dates TBC)
- Equality and Disability or any other relevant 15 credit QQI module 9th and 10th December
This blended learning course, approximately 19 full days of learning directed through workshops over approximately 1 year. Further learning will be directed through online content and learner support materials. The remaining hours will be completed through self-directed studies and preparing for assessments.
Our easy to use Online Learner Management System can be easily accessed through handheld devices such as smartphones.
To secure your place today, call 057 8713993 or email email@example.com.
English language, written and spoken.
You must be either working in a care service or have a placement arranged when you are completing aspects of this course.