This one day refresher course will incorporate the background to Infection Control including:
- Basic microbiology
- Identifying the chain of infection
- Sources of micro-organisms
- Routes of transmission
- Possible susceptible host
Learners will demonstrate appropriate use of personal protective equipment and the safe use and disposal of sharps.
They will observe and recognize the significance of other key elements of standard infection control precautions including:
- Safe handling and disposal of waste
- Safe management of laundry
- Maintenance of a clean environment
They will also demonstrate the correct Handwashing and Alcohol Handrub Technique.
Included with this course is access to a Learning Management System for 3 weeks following participation.
To secure your place today, call 01 554 7295 or email email@example.com.