Being able to take part in things that are enjoyed helps people feel good and adds to their quality of life.
Activities are everything we do in our lives, from getting up in the morning to going to bed at night. Activities can include an occupation or role.Activity provision has a significant role to play in people’s lives ensuring that days are meaningful and that opportunities to feel engaged surround the person.
Activity Provision in Social Care setting – this course includes a series of lectures, videos and reflective opportunities. You will have access to lots of downloadable materials and PowerPoints that will act as your guide throughout the course. You will also have access to our discussion board for this particular course.
We aim to improve environments, motivate and achieve well-being for the person. This course will re-energising support workers and ensure they engage better in their practice.
- Well-being and quality of life
- Holistic care
- Understanding mental health of older adults
- Creating meaningful activity
- Understanding skills and motivation
- Supporting within our boundaries
- Culture and activity provision
- Signs and effects of inactivity
- Benefits of activity
- Activity provision
- Roles for residents
- Forming groups
- Setting up an activity
- Using Themes
- Main event
- Recording the activity
- Dealing with the unforeseen
- Sensory Activity ideas
- Cognitive Activity ideas
- Activity for dementia care
- Monitoring activity and its benefits for the longer-term.
This course is certified and is Certified and Accredited by CPD Standards. You can find out more about CPD Standards here.
For more information call us on: 057 8713993 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.