This 8 week online course is an excellent starting point for anyone working in social care who would like to explore their potential to develop as social care leader/manager. Each week you will explore various themes of Social Care Management and Leadership, each theme will include a range of sub-themes. Content includes:
- Become and Effective and Inspirational Leader
- Management Skills – What does it take?
- Developing Management Skills
- Creating and Maintaining a successful team
- Emotional Intelligence and the Psychology of Motivation
- Goal Setting and SMART objectives
- Identifying diversity in others
- Conflict Management
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Supervision: supporting staff and improving care
- Enhancing staff development through supervision
- Effective absence and poor performance management
- Report writing and understanding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This course is under accreditation with CPD Standards, there is no assessment process, you will receive confirmation of completion. Please note that this course is Foundation standard, it is ideal if you are working in a management role and want to brush up on your knowledge, further training is usually required to continue to develop and work in Social Care Management.