Frontline Training are delighted to market this blended learning Major Award on behalf of Leinster Institute of Professional Development. With the direction of highly qualified and competent facilitate trainers and using a range of different learning approaches, LIPD combines blended e-learning with classroom based ‘Directive Days’ which will encourage discussions and debates in relation to the subjects and associated assessment portfolio. The course is delivered over 24 days contact time over a 6 month timeframe. The result – well equipped, dynamic professionals!.
Who should apply?
Anyone interested in a career in healthcare. It offers an excellent career route into working in a Healthcare setting or Further Education. Learners will require access to a professional healthcare setting as assessments require practice based skills demonstrations and completion of a Work Experience module. However, if this is not available to you, LIPD will endeavour to facilitate a work placement for you.
The course content is as per the QQI Module Descriptor (5M4349). This Major award consists of eight Level 5 Component Awards from the following:
- Care Skills and Care of the Older Person (6 days)
- Infection Prevention and Control (3 days)
- Anatomy & Physiology (4 days)
- Human Growth & Development (4 days)
- Nursing Theory & Practice (3 days)
- Work Experience & Communications (days)
Electives to choose from:
- Maternity Care Support (4 days)
- Caring for Children in Hospital (4 days)
- Palliative Care (3 days)
- Intellectual Disability Studies (4 days)
Commencing March 23rd 2019 in the following locations :
- Our Lady’s Parish Centre, Old Hill, Leixlip, County Kildare
- Philip and Son ,Unit D3, Southern Link Business Park, Newbridge Road, Naas, Co. Kildare
€1599 full award, components from €250 to €495
Please call 01 699 1028