The 5 day programme is highly interactive, with a clear focus being placed on the analysis of practical manual handling techniques, risk assessment and the development of trainer skills. The programme includes comprehensive information on:
- Legal Aspects relating to Manual Handling
- Delivery of a Practical Manual Handling lesson – covering Theoretical and Practical elements.
- Anatomy of the Spine, Work Physiology, Fitness and Flexibility, Biomechanics.
- Instructional Skills – to include student preparation and delivery of specified short presentations.
- Practical Lifting and moving of loads at different levels – Analysis of participant performance is a key factor of this module.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Ergonomics – This module focuses on the use of approved Risk Assessment templates to examine workplace manual handling activity. The module will also provide guidance on an important Risk Assessment Assignment that forms part of the overall course assessment.
We use the most up to date equipment and techniques, provide participants with the necessary skills and information to care for their backs using a minimal lifting policy.
Please note that this instructors course does not cover you for training people to move/lift people/patients – if you are required to train people to move/lift people/patients you are required to attend our Patient Handling Instructors course which we can also deliver for you.
Who should apply?
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to become a Manual Handling Instructor.
Definition of Manual Handling
Legal Aspects of Manual Handling
Structure & Anatomy of the Spine
Injuries to the Spine
Fitness & Flexibility
Principles of Safe Moving & Handling
LIPD are offering the Manual Handling Instructor Training course for just €599
(01) 699 1028